Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy, Happy New Year!

We're home and now it is time to update my blog as I sit on the lanai and enjoy the balmy weather after returning from Montana in a blizzard.  We are sooo lucky to leave there as the coold weather roared in and arrive after the cold spell let go of Florida. Sometimes I just have to pinch myself.

Anyway, Christmas was soo wonderful!  It was soo great to be with my family.  I have spent Christmas with my family twice in over 20 years and, believe me, you really gain an appreciation.  Christmas 2010 will always stand out as memorable. In fact I would have to say that I was giddily happy the whole week and probably drove everyone crazy or they thought I was crazy at least. 

Everything was wonderful, from the little Christmas tree Anne lent to us so we would look festive to the time I  had with each person.  And to top it off, I had the glorious experience of cross country skiing at the country club at night under the full moon with Anne and her friends. Two times!  I just had to stop each time they were catching up, since they were on snowshoes, and soak in all the beauty.

It was great to have everyone go to church with us, too. It's just a little church, no bigger than a chapel, so it doesn't take much to fill it up.  The luminaries led a path through the snow to the door and the inside was beautifully decorated.  It was such a surprise, since there are so few people left in the congregation since they lost their priest (my friend who died recently).  Anyway, I have to believe the message from the visiting priest was so true.  The veil between heaven (the spiritual world) and Earth (man's world) must be very thin at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment