Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Art update

I haven't talked about my watercolor painting for a while, in case anyone wants to know how it is coming along.  Well, I can see the improvement.  That's why I don't throw any of my attempts away.  Not that I think they are masterpieces worth framing or anything, but they give me a reference point when I want to go back and critique them with my ever increasingly critical eye.  I have all the books, CDs and tapes I can find checked out of the library. They are really helpful and I can replay them if I didn't get it the first time.  One book is about comparing what people like me do wrong when we paint and how to correct it.  I have loads of self made material to use since most of my stuff looks just like the wrong side of art.  On the day of my last art lesson for the year my teacher said she was going to get really tough on me.  That was the biggest compliment yet.  She is really taking me seriously and thinks I have potential now. 

Oh well, I'm in my zone when I'm painting.  Can't get much better than that.

Well, the snowbirds are feeling the heat and humidity here lately so getting time to fly north again. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment