Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Follow your heart

I have found the secret to peace of mind.  Listen to your heart.  It has taken me 70 years to really get it and try to begin practicing it, but I learned I don't need to live with regrets for the opportunities missed if I act on what my heart is telling me I should do.  It isn't that I'm a lesser person if I don't, but I find that when I get that nudge in my heart and I act on it I have a much  greater peace of mind. Then I can go on with my life without having to look back to the would haves, could haves, and should haves. Therefore a greater sense of well being and peace. I can't go back and undo the many times in my past that I didn't follow through on a notion that I lived to regret, but with the last years of my life maybe I can change some of that going forward.  That's the least any of us can do, I think.

Had a good bike ride to Hernando with a swim following that really felt good after the hot ride.  Now the pool warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment