Saturday, June 23, 2012

Home Alone

Michael flew to Indiana today for his dad's ninetieth birthday.  He'll be gone until Thursday. I hope his family all have a wonderful, healing time together.

For me, as most any woman will attest to, I'll be enjoying my solitude, so to speak. Not that I don't love Michael dearly and I have to say, he is like a part of me. I feel much safer and secure when he is here to check all the doors at night (even after I have checked them).  I'll miss having him beside me in bed at night ( not the snoring though). I know I never have to check to see if anything important has been taken care of as he always has the bills paid ahead of time and keeps the cars in great shape.

 Of course I'll miss his fixing the coffee for us and helping to make the bed in the morning.  We usually get jobs around here done well together (not the coffee though). What one of us doesn't get done, the other just fills in the gap until everything is nice and tidy again.  Tidy you can be sure of with Michael, which is much better than being married to a slob any day. Heck he's always squeaky clean even.

However, today after my long walk, I didn't even bother cleaning up since no one will see me all day. Just my sister once in a while, but she doesn't mind, I don't think. Actually, I'm feeling kind of scruffy about now and think a bath would feel pretty good.

 I made potato salad for the church picnic that is tomorrow and I even put raw onions in it. I'm also looking forward to eating the tortellini salad with garlic that a lady is bringing. Tonight I won't be cooking anything.  I'll eat when and what I can scrounge in the kitchen. Maybe I'll eat that can of sardines in the cabinet.

I'm planning to get my art supplies out and leaving them out if I'm working on something. So much easier than putting it all away each day. No one will be the wiser but me. Maybe I'll even watch a movie or two or read later at night.

Yes, I'm going to be really living it up while Michael is gone.  You know the old "when the cat's away....".  Okay, so that is about as far out of the routine I'll get.  After all, after being together for fourteen years (I think I got that right this time) it is kind of hard to get too crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!You are really letting your hair down!

    ReplyDelete