Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm Back!

It is evening and I am enjoying sitting out on the porch.  I just finished reading Teacher Man by Frank Mc Court who died this year. He talked about how we all have writing going on in our head all the time.  Our life thoughts and happenings.  I agree with that for myself, anyway.  So, as I sit out here enjoying the summer evening, I once again could not resist the urge to share my musings.

It isn't often that I take the time to sit out here and just marvel at my flowers growing on the porch.  I planted some zinnia sets this spring that have finally opened.  I had no idea what colors they would be and am totally amazed that in the pot that holds three plants each flower is a different color: a golden yellow, an orangish, red and a hot pinkish one.  It fascinates me that the colors turned out so perfectly without my hand in it at all.  They are a perfect combination just by chance.

I checked out my cherry tomato plant, too and noticed  that I finally have one tiny tomato starting to form. How I baby my tomato plant!  It must be the farmer in me trying to get out. I tried Early Girls and Beef Steaks before, but have a special affinity for those sweet little cherry tomatoes.

As I finished my book, I noticed the gay couple from the brick apartments walking by. The big gal was using a white cane now as she walked.  Her more masculine partner protectively walked beside her as she worked her cane. I knew she was losing her eye sight for the past year, noticing how she avoided the daytime sun. I am moved by the commitment these two people have for each other. If others could do as well.

An elderly woman just walked by with her even more elderly mother for an evening stroll. They were obviously enjoying each other's company very much on this pleasant evening. I like to think that will be me some day.

1 comment:

  1. You mean me, the elderly woman, walking with the even elderlier woman, you? I don't think I'll be able to keep up.

    ReplyDelete