Thursday, February 17, 2011

Florida weather is back!

We're seeing some great Florida weather this week.  Just watch us start complaining, tho, when it gets much warmer than this.  Need to get the kayaks out, it has been so long.  I want to get back out on the gulf soon before all of the manatees are gone back out to sea. 

I usually get my inspiration out on the trail during my morning runs, but lately nothing has come to me.  Thought I should still do an update.  I have been so engrossed in my painting that I resent anything that prevents me from getting my paints out each day(I save my afternoons for that after all of my required duties are done.  I've been watching some videos that really inspire me and show various techniques to try.  Love it, love it, love it!

I told Michael I would run a 5k race in March.  I'm in a new age group, so maybe my past competition has dropped out because of age and I won't look too bad.  Suzie, the over 75er, really shows me up, tho. I hate to say that once I beat her because she had a leg injury.  I had to stifle my gladness. I really meant her no ill and know that was a race I didn't deserve to win.

That reminds me of the down hill ski slalom I won in Garmish, Germany.  The gal who was better than I had to drop out because her son had been hurt the day before while skiing.  I felt pretty undeserving when I went up to claim my medal.  Especially since everyone knew I wasn't the best, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment