Sunday, February 20, 2011

If I could be so lucky

I went to visit a 103 year old lady at a nursing home today. I was feeling really tired before I went and looking forward to a brief nap in the afternoon.She is positively one of the most incredible people I have known. Even though  she is mostly deaf and can hardly see to identify anyone, she has a really sharp mind and delightful sense of humor.  Her legs have pretty well given out on her now and even though she knows this will be her last home probably, she is as sweet and kind and thoughtful as ever. We had a lovely conversation which I regretted we had to end when she got visitors. I hope to keep her in front of me as the example  to follow as I age.

It is interesting how conversation with a delightful person, a short nap and inspiration with my watercolor painting can revitalize me so quickly.  Such an easy but great formula that should be repeated daily, I think.
My those birds have been noisy.  Mating season is in full swing.  Will be with the gators, too. Hmm

No comments:

Post a Comment