Thursday, June 30, 2011

Can't let you down

I know.  If I don't post regularly enough, then I'll lose my huge fan base.  Even when I have no words of wisdom to share.  I've just been so busy, I haven't had time to think about sageful thoughts.  Ok.  Right, how busy can you be, being retired.  Actually today is the first day in a long time that I can actually say I have some down time.

I keep making more stuff to decorate the float truck. Last time we won first place, but we didn't get a trophy or anything.  This time I understand there are trophies for the winners. So I'm throwing everything I can come up with at it. Wouldn't it be something to have a trophy to show off at the church?  Wish us luck.

Yesterday I made covers for new pillows for the couch.My sister helped, actually.)  Michael helped pick out the fabric and he really does have good taste.  Then I put the same trim on top of the dining room drapes, which really ties it all together nicely.  Sure does give a whole new look to the place and have to say a great improvement. 

Michael's birthday is Saturday.  He'll be 65.  I can finally cancel my health insurance. I bought him two small watermelons, some beer, a thermometer and a massage.  Ok, so he bought them.  But I told him those are all for his birthday.  Aren't I just sooo nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment