Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Family

It was pretty great getting together with kids, grand kids, and great grand kids last weekend. It was fun seeing the different age groups from young marrieds with children, teens in love, rambunctious  grade schoolers to a baby. An array to proclaim I'm getting up there in years, I guess.  The weather was great, which was a god sent since it hasn't been since.


Who could believe it is June, it's so cold, gray and windy.  My son and family will be here tomorrow for several days.  The challenge will  be to keep the kids (10 and 8) from getting bored and driving everyone, including themselves, crazy, since the weather won't be too welcoming outside.  Thank heavens, at least they won't mind being out in any kind of weather.  Not at their age anyway.  But I don't think I'm in that age group.  I just like to stay nice and cozy, curled up with a good book and a couple of hot tea and pastry. 
 We have two birthdays to celebrate on Saturday. An eight year old grandson and a 75 year old sister. Hope we don't mix up their presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment