Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy birthday, Dad!

Today would have been our dad's birthday.  My sisters and I celebrated in our traditional way. Milkshake(Dad's favorite) and fish sandwich (Mom's favorite) from Mac Donald's. It was too rainy and cold to sit on the bench we had put in the city park ,over looking the flower garden,  in their memory.  So we sat, with Dad's picture propped up on the dash, in the car eating our fish sandwiches and drinking our chocolate shakes.  We toasted him and reminisced about our fond memories of our dad.

Dad was a very special man.  I have to say, we haven't seen many men who could ever match him. He was an unassuming man, yet in church his booming voice resonated through out.  He knew how to sing a joyful noise unto the Lord and I doubt many fell asleep during his sermons.   He didn't tell us what we had to believe, but allowed us to talk it out and helped us come to the best conclusions for ourselves.  I never felt judged. I never felt I was odd for my thinking.  I remember when I was with him, as a child, I always felt I was special in his eyes.  I always felt he was proud of me for just being me. 

We miss you dad.  I have a feeling you are being looked after very well.  Happy birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment