Thursday, January 20, 2011

Aagh! 70!

All of a sudden last night, realizing it was the last day of a decade for me, I felt a tremendous urge to stop the clock of time.  It is a helpless feeling that time is one thing you have no control of(unless you die of course, not a pretty alternative).  So here I am today the big, big 7 0 and time just totally disregards my anxiety and continues to march on. 

Well, I don't feel old.  Really, life is pretty good to me at 70.  No major health problems or aches and pains.  No worries and no stress in my daily life.  I have fun things to do that engage my time and attention (finally finding my passionsince retiring).  I have a wonderful family and great friends.  I have a husband who treats me well. And I sleep well every night. So what more is there to ask for at any age?  Guess 70 isn't going to be so bad after all.

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome 70! I can only hope to be in as good a shape as you are when (if) I get there. Your 70 is like the average person at 50. Keep on doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete