Monday, January 3, 2011

It was a very good year!

First I need to apologize for spelling Michael's name wrong.  A typo I didn't have time to correct.  In an ideal world all errors would be corrected before publishing. 

Now on topic.  Yes, for me I would have to say that 2010 was a good year.   No, I'm not richer or better looking or even younger looking.  No, I didn't take an exotic trip anywhere, meet anyone famous or accomplish any extraordinary feat.  And I didn't even run a marathon much less run any races.

What made it a good year was that I did travel to spend Christmas with family.  I did enjoy the company of good friends throughout the winter months. I did increase my daily running.  And I did begin the next level of my love of art and expression.  Those are the kinds of things that make my life good.

The way I see life is it's important to enjoy each moment for what it is than to live for the big wows.  When they say it is important to be where you are, in the moment, I can't agree more.  It may sound simplistic, but it's so true.  I feel the happiness of Zoey when she heard her name and her excitement to get walking on the trail.  I feel the pleasure of having freshly, pressed sheets on the bed.  I feel laughter well up in me when I read a good book that has a humorous line.  I revel in the time I have to do the things that are fun for me such as crossword puzzles completed, writing on my blog, listening to great musicians and their selections, getting together with family and friends, cross country skiing at night and even my morning jogs when my thoughts can wander the gammit.  The secret is living and relishing each moment.  Let the past be and don't worry about the future.  The more I practice this philosophy for life the happier I become. 

So I can't anticipate anything but a wonderful 2011.  My wish for everyone is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment