Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Barns Stink

When I was nine we stayed at my great uncle's dairy farm in Wisconsin for a few days.  The first time I went out to the milking barn the smell was so strong to me I couldn't stand it.  However by the end of our stay I couldn't smell anything when I went into the barn no matter how hard I tried.  I believe that is the same with our other senses, too.  If we view something violent or take part in a violent game against people long enough we become desensitize to seeing someone killed.  It is just another target.  It isn't much of a stretch to becoming desensitized to real people being killed.  Guns in so many hands, which we have no way knowing if they have the stability to handle them responsibly, is like a game of Russian Roulette.  You never know when they will kill for real.  Life means nothing to them and killing is just an extension of a game they have played or what they see on film. Sure, we want to preserve all of our rights as Americans, but I certainly doubt that our forefathers had the present state of America in mind when they penned that amendment.  Is it worth it when so many innocent people die everyday?

I found that there were so many interruptions to my daily exercise routine that I needed to get up earlier and get out before daylight to get a run in.  Not like men who can clean up in five minutes, we women need time.  Lots of time.  If I don't get my run in in the morning it just isn't going to happen.  It just takes making the decision to do it and then it is easy.  Right

No comments:

Post a Comment