Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today would have been Michael's half marathon here in Key West this morning. He is sure he would have taken first in his age group.   In the five K(which I didn't know at the time there was) I would have been the only 70 year old female.  So many coulda, woulda, shouldas in life.  Oh well.  I enjoyed sleeping in.

My exercise routines have gone to pot, which is bad since my healthy eating has gone to pot, too, lately.  I read that even if you can't do your whole routine when you are traveling, etc. you should try to at least follow it as much as possible.  For instance, my weight lifting program needs to be followed as religiously as possible if I am to gain any benefit at all.  Got to think about  how to accomplish that, since there is not enough room in here to even do push ups.

Interesting message in church this morning.  Churches often  major in minor things and can't even minor in major things. These differences often over shadow the mission of the church. John says that despite our differences we all should be onein Christ Jesus.  Obviously we are not or we wouldn't be sending a message to others that shows how disunited we are. If we have one love of Christ then none of the minor differences matters.  Maybe with more unity we could give confidence to others that what we believe really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment