Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cancer gone

We were so thankful to hear from Michael's daughter that the doctor called and said her cancer is completely gone.  She has been a very brave trooper throughout her treatments.  I don't know that I could have done as well.  I have high admiration for people who step up to the plate and handle their challenges with grace and courage.

We're having a little dinner party for my sisters and spouses tonight.  Have to do something when you can't get out much, due to the rainy weather and flooding around town and state. I'm fixing some new to me and new to to them receipes, so hope they go ok.  So, I had vowed not to experiment on company anymore. Does family count? I just thought these sounded interesting.  We're having Israeli grilled chicken (I love this one so it's not new to me), Oriental salad, roasted Parmesan cauliflower, homemade oatmeal, sunflower seed bread and apple crisp with ice cream. Review will follow tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I know you can't resist tweaking the recipe. whole wheat flour, applesauce instead of sugar, leave out the fat, etc.

    ReplyDelete