Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Look, Ma, no cavities!

We had our 6 month dental check ups this morning.  I expected I had a cracked crown.  Was I happily surprised when I found out I really didn't, just a blah, blah about blah, but it is fine.  Now I feel like I have an extra $1000 I can spend for something fun.

Michael didn't do as well, but he also doesn't need any work done.  He just got hurt more because he doesn't take care of his gums as well.  Do I love telling him what he needs to be doing?  It sure does pay in more ways than one to heed the dentist's advise.

Sometimes I just get to wondering why my life has been so calamity free compared to so many, when I get to looking around at others I know or reading the news about all the bad things that happen to good people.  I'm not any better than they are, I'm sure.  So it's not like I get rewarded when others get the booby prize. Maybe there just isn't any reason, it is just called life and more happens to some people than others.

No I'm not asking for more of a challenge in life, thank you.  Things have been going just fine for 70 years so we'll just leave well enough alone, thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...I think you have had challenges as well, just no major calamaties thankfully.

    ReplyDelete