Sunday, May 22, 2011

We may be small but...

We went to our little StJames church this morning.  The faithful were there, even though there wasn't a clergy person to conduct the service.  The dozen of us had morning prayer together with a read sermon written by some priest from somewhere.  Low key yet we were bound with the same concerns and love of God as any megachurch congregation. It is comforting to be with a few good people who know you and take the time to chat and catch up during coffee hour.  Yes, even we have coffee hour. I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond, I guess.

Speaking of fish and ponds, it is beginnng to feel like we are fish in a pond around here with all the rain we continue to have.  Heard we have the high rainfall for the state.  Someone said 7 inches but I don't know if that was bragging or complaining.  Anyway most basements are getting flooded in town, so people are pretty preoccupied with getting the water out for now.

Personally, I'm tired of being inside everyday, looking out at the rain.  So today I am going out for a walk in the rain.  When you can't beat em join em, I say.  I'll feel energized, Im hoping, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment