Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Don't breathe!

I'm afraid to exhale! We have the baler invoice ready to sign, we have the money for the trailer we found and the generator we are looking to buy. We are sooo close that I'm afraid to breathe until everything is signed, sealed and delivered.

I'm pushing for a Sept. 29th plastics' drive, the eternal optimist that I am.  I believe you have to set your sites for what you want and how you want things to go or you will never get there. Think about it. If I would say," Oct. would be okay if you think Sept. 29th won't work", then there is no way in heaven or hell that I'll get the drive on Sept. 29th.

I know I'm getting a reputation as a shrewd dealer, but that just comes with knowing what I want to achieve and what I have to do to get there. I ask for what we need and try not to be surprised when I get it.

So now it is time to begin what I call phase two: education and development. Actually, that part will be fun for me, since it is more my territory.  I don't know much about specs of balers and generators but I do know teaching.  I'm really excited about going to the Boys and Girls Club and sharing recycling with them. Then my next group is at the Lewistown Art Center, smaller groups at a time, I expect. I haven't been in front of a group of more than five kids at a time in ten years. Give me a bunch of kids, though, and turn me loose, that's all I ask. 

Michael is probably ready to breathe a sign of relief. But, he had better not relax too much because things are just going to start getting interesting.

1 comment: