Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's Scary!

Things with the plastics' recycling program have been happening so fast recently, it scares me. You know how when you wait for something for so long to happen, you dream about it and talk about it until people run when they see you open your mouth? Then one day the dream actually starts to become a reality and you really aren't sure how you are going to handle it.  Is it for real? Is it really going to happen? Will it work out as it is supposed to?

Sometimes, it is a bit overwhelming for me to think that I could possibly accomplish something that is so foreign to anything I have ever experienced, with absolutely no background in the field. I knew nothing about business, and I could barely tell you where and what to recycle in Florida, much less here in Lewistown what the issues were. I was a naive babe in the wilderness of recycling and business.

Yet, I guess what makes the difference is that when you believe in something and you know that it is good and true, it motivates you to stretch yourself beyond your own expectations for yourself. It makes me feel great that a successful business man says that I have what it takes to go after something I believe in, work hard at and persevere to the end. He must believe in me because he gave us $4,000 for the project. And that's scary, too. Now I really feel that I have to prove to him he has reason to put his trust in me.

I remember, many years ago, in what I call my former life, we were in a business that my heart was not in. I was in torment about contacting people and working the business. I did not have any belief in the company and what I was doing.  It was a sham in more ways than one. I was paralysed from any action.  How different this is for me.

What makes the difference is the constant affirmation from everyone that this is a good and true endeavor.  The support has been my strength to do what I never thought I was capable of doing. It is scary to know the trust others have in me.  I only hope that I live up to that trust to the end.



1 comment: