Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Glitch roller coaster

Another big glitch in our plastics' recycling program that is an unexpected let down. The 42" baler we were negotiating with Recycle Systems for was sold out from under us to someone in Alaska while our salesman was off in Peru on vacation for the past three weeks.  I just can't believe it could be possible! I'm at the point, just as when I'm shopping for a specific item at a price I have in mind ahead of time but I don't find, when I finally find what I want price really isn't an object anymore.  I guess we'll go ahead and buy the new 30" baler and go with a wing and a prayer that we can get the generator some how some way. Time is running out for me and time is a wasting.

This roller coaster ride has to end sometime, I'm sure. It is like the idea in the movie Ground Hog Day, things keep happening over and over again. Unbelievably. This thing has taken on a life of its own and it is time for me to take the creature by the horns and get control of the operation. Be assertive.  Make bold decisions. Take bold steps. Go for the gold. Any Olympian will tell you that is how to get the job done.

I see so much money wasted by so many causes and think," All we need is a few thousand bucks, lose change to them." And we could do so much with so little.  The problem being, everyone wants the program to succeed, but until we show success they aren't incline to put their money into it. But without their money we can't get there. 

So we go ahead and act like we have money.  Isn't that what everyone else does? No That is my new operation modem. Or what ever you call it. Charge!




No comments:

Post a Comment