Saturday, August 18, 2012

One on One

Michael and I went to Bozeman last night for a race he was running today. This gave me an opportunity to call my daughter, Charlene, and take her out for breakfast, while Michael was out pounding the pavement. I have to say, that as much as I love all of my grand kids, there is something special about one on one face time with my kid.  Just the two of us, doing nothing but sharing stories and life. No side tracking with cute grand kids and their kiddy antics or teens with their latest dramas.

When my son, Michael, is here visiting we usually get a few special mother-son moments while working in the kitchen putting together the evening meal. Nothing deep going on, just a few minutes being together, by ourselves. Then it is quickly back to the circus of kids and spouses.

I haven't had any one on one time with Charlotte this year.  She's busy being happy with her new job and life, which is as it should be. Still, I'd like to make the effort to get down to Billings soon for some time with  just her. Maybe when Michael has his next race. She and I could do a breakfast time, too.

I get to talk to Kathy on the phone one on one for a bit during the week, but not much of a chance for face to face time with kids needing mom, etc. and her busy schedule working and keeping it all together.

I actually get more one on one time with Michael's daughter, Brandy, when we visit Indiana each year. We enjoy our shopping trips and lunch out together with no husbands or kids along. It just works well that way.

Mom's know that that is the way it is going to be from then on, once the kids leave the nest. We have more time, they have less. Just the way it is. I'm not complaining, just appreciating and cherishing the time I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment