Friday, December 14, 2012

Heliocopter Mom

Alert! Helicopter mom is temporarily out of the hanger! My daughter is on her way , as we speak, to Florida for a visit with us. Several days before she was on her way, I went into mother bear mode.

This is her first visit for years sans kids or husband/ boyfriend. My attention will not be focused on the grand kids and hers on the male companion. She is coming to enjoy the balmier weather, re-create and spend one on one time with her mom.

So I began my hovering by checking on the contents of her luggage selection days agso. Do you have the right shoes for each type of planned activity? Be sure to allow at least an hour at the airport before your flight. Yesterday I sent her an email to warn her to be sure to bring santi wipes to wipe her hands often in addition to the seat back trays, etc., which I had seen on the news are a big source of all kinds of  bad pathogens that can make you sick.  Want her visit to be bug free.

Last night I checked in with her and we reviewed her flight schedule. She couldn't locate her first boarding pass.  Mom goes into panic mode while daughter spends her nerve reserve to reassure her that it's not a big deal.

I guess it doesn't matter how old (I will spare her embarrassment here) your kid is, the old mother bear comes out of hibernation and ready to go into protection mode once more. But, once she arrives, and I have her safely into my care,  themother bear will retreat back into her den and the heliocopter put back into storage in the hanger. We will be too busy cavorting together in the Florida sun for that. I like that word cavorting, romping is good, too, as long as it includes a great time by all.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your mothering! This will be a REAL vacation for me...let the fun begin!!! Looking forward to having my coffee on the lanai.

    ReplyDelete