Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mysteries of LIfe

In case you're wondering, yes the cards are done and ready to mail.

I have been thinking about how wonderful that we have mysteries in life. No I don't like that God is so mysterious, but many mysteries we have give us a special excitement  and anticipation for what is to come.

I can't remember when I first stopped believing in Santa Claus, but I do remember waking up many times during the night as a child to feel my stocking. The first few times it would still hang limply by my bed.  But, finally when I felt it, the stocking would hold fascinating shapes my fingers explored and  it was so hard to wait until morning to discover the contents.

One Christmas I knew when my little sister was hanging her stocking Christmas Eve that she still believed and I also knew our mom was preoccupied with her dinner guests and church to think about it. So I went around the house to find fun things to put into her stocking.  I found some small toys Mom had bought for table favors for the guests and of course the tangerine for the toe. It wasn't much, but it let her know that yes, Anne, there is a Santa. She had her sense of wonder still intact Christmas morning.

The Christmas package my son's family brought holds mystery for us.  It is fun imagining what could possibly be in a box that shape. The anticipation is most of the fun.

So, when I am going to die is one of those mysteries I would just as soon not have revealed too soon.  That is why this Mayan calendar thing isn't a concern to me. I don't worry about things like that.  Why spoil the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment