Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!



I wish all of my readers a very Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year!
2012 had both its highs and lows. There are parts of it that we hope to never see again, as well as times that were well worth celebrating.

Our plastics recycling program is an example of what went right about the year, whether at times we had our doubts or not. It was a true testimony of what can be achieved when people work together for a common cause, no matter what their odds for success.

Coming together for a common good was evident around the country every time there was a crises where we showed how much we cared about each other. Leave it to the American people to do what is right when it matters. Makes me proud to be counted in those numbers.

I am hoping that 2013 will be a year that reflects that same type of caring for each other,r without the disasters that motivated us. Wouldn't that be a perfect year? Just on a daily basis we would extend a hand to others.  Pleases and thank yous to start.

I know it will be a happier year if we smile more and grouch less.  I know it will be a safer year if we get rid of assault guns that serve no other purpose than to kill lots of people at a time.  I know it will be a great year for our earth if we throw one less thing into the land fills, to sit there and contaminate the soil for centuries.

I know it will be a great year if we exercise more, eat less and communicate with our maker more than less. I know it will be a better year for us all if we raise our consciousness as consumers. Our year will be more healthful if we worry less about things that won't be important in ten years, much less one, and more about how things will tear apart families and individuals for a lifetime.

I expect that since most of us want the best for most of us that most of us will have a great 2013.





1 comment: