Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Christmas Card Excuse

Sorry, I haven't been very faithful lately. Only two excuses that don't really excuse me.  Number one I haven't had any big insightful moments to record(which of course hasn't stopped me before, I know, you say). Second, I have been so busy writing my Christmas cards, I'm all written out.

You say, what it takes you over a week to write your cards? Well, no not exactly.  That is if I were to sit down and stay on task and get the job done.  Like Michael.  He methodically sits at his desk and whips them out in a couple of hours, stamped and ready to go.

Of course, I have a lot more friends to write to, so that takes longer. Dig. But what probably makes it take me 10 days to accomplish what he can do in two hours is my short attention span. When I say I'm going to devote the day to cards, my day really looks more like this: My "day" not starting until after my run and cleaning up, it is now at least 11am. It isn't that I get up late, rising about 6:30am, but I take my time reading the papers, working three crossword puzzles, putzing, before I even head to the shower.

Now I'm ready to get started on my cards, but first I have to check my email and FB. After I get everything together and sit down, I jump up to take my vitamins that I forgot earlier. Then there is a load of wash to check and a phone call to answer. But, I do get a few written before I remember that I have some work to do for ROWL I was asked to follow through on. It goes on and on like that.

Sure, I have a lot more stuff to do to think about than Michael has on his mind. His method is get it done.  My method runs more like, I know I have this to get done before Kathy arrives on Friday and by golly I'll get it done by the deadline. I know, I did it again writing my blog and I still have eight more cards to write. Then I promise to be more faithful to you all. Blog writing works better for my short attention span, anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment