Friday, December 16, 2011

If we make it, we deserve to lie in it.

I really love that we need a larger container for all of our recyclables. We recycle way more than we throw into the regular trash for garbage pick up anymore.  It makes me feel good that so much of what we throw away is going to be reused instead of ending up in the land fill. Can you just imagine, when you multiply what we recycle with the millions of households in America, the impact it would make?  I hate to think that hundreds of years from now, when our ancestor go to plant crops or build new homes, all they find after the first thin layer of dirt is plastic! The soil and water would be so contaminated, who can even begin to imagine the consequences?

As is so typical with mankind, they just don't think that far ahead.  The future beyond our own life expectancy isn't really a reality.  What a terrible way to treat the precious gift we received from our creator.  I know what I would do if I were him.  I'd say, "Well if that's all the thanks I get, then just live in your own putrid stew".

Got the muffins baked for the grandkids' to eat for breakfast.  I won't tell them how good for them they are.

1 comment: