Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reaching for the brass ring

I saw Santa on the trail today when I was biking to Floral City(16 miles round trip). He was just wearing his red undershirt and shorts of course, because he was on the trail in Florida.  He would have died in his red wool suit trimmed in white fur! His snowy, white beard  looked a little sooty.  I guess he hadn't had a chance to clean up, since he has been so busy lately. He also was sporting a cane, which I would expect, since he had walked so far from where his sleigh had broken down.  He must have been down from the north checking to see which kids were going to be in Inverness visiting grammas this Christmas. Good thing.

I thought I would take a stab at filling out the application for the Pepsi grant to support our recycling project in Lewistown today. (Of course, after I wrap presents and make cookie dough for the grandkids).  I have never attempted such an endeavor before, so I guess I'll just have to write it from my heart. I really feel that if they hear what we are attempting, in our own little corner of the world, they just may be interested. Everything is so close to becoming attainable, it just seems the brass ring is almost at my finger tips.  I just have to stretch a little further.

I know that Moses was a great leader(no, I am not equating myself with Moses by any means) of his people.  But he had Aaron as his spoke person, because God knew that Moses wasn't the greatest orator around. So where is my Aaron when I need him?  Or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment