Friday, December 30, 2011

The overwhelming support

Such wonderful feedback! Everyone  is raring to go with the recycling in Lewistown. The support is overwhelming!  I only wish I had more definitive information for them.  Everything is so close, yet not there yet.  I hope they will all find a way to hang on to those plastics until we can start the operation going.

It is great to know that so many people there are ready for change.  They definitely see the glass as half full.  However, we will always be challenged by the half empty types, who just want to keep status quo and left alone, doing things the way they always have.

But, change happens whether we embrace it or not.  We all can attest to the fact that our bodies have changed over the years, for better or worse. We never had to give much thought into what we put in them when we were much younger. However, we have found out that, over the years, neglect takes it toll and either we make the necessary changes or we suffer the consequences.

That is a lot like the earth we were given to care for.  Man didn't think much about what what he was doing to the environment when we didn't have the pollutants at our disposal to destroy it.  But, over the years we have acquired many ways for us to cause terrible damage to our home.

So we have to change or ruin our God given home.  Just like with our bodies.  We can abuse it and pay the consequences or start living a healthful life and live a quality life to the end.  Yet, there are always those who will not see the connection and continue to abuse their body and those who will continue to disregard their responsibility to our earth, and we will all pay the price.  Half full or half empty, our choice.

I'm having a dinner party tonight.  I'm making Italian for an Italian.  How brave is that?  At least she said I was.  I'm either brave and know what I'm doing, or ready to commit another one of my guffaws that I'm famous for.  My friends are used to those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment