Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A little insight would help

I wish I could have a view from inside some people's brains sometimes.  For instance, when you haven't heard from people in at least a year, why don't they write a little something in their cards that they send to let you know how they are doing and what they have been up to instead of just signing their names, at best?  Me, I like to try and get my postage worth.

And why do people litter?  What are they thinking when they throw trash out of their car window?  When I went out on my morning run today I picked up the trash along the road that had been thrown out just yesterday.  Now, I noticed that the fishermen who were fishing off the bridge actually cleaned up after themselves Christmas Eve, as there was not a scrap for me to pick up the next day.  They must have been feeling a little good will towards men and the earth at the time.  That sure was short lived, however, as there was plenty to pick up this morning again.

So there I was, with my hands full of trash and heaven only knows what germs, running along the road with the sweat pouring off my nose on this 100% humidity day and no way to do anything about it. I'm sure I really look suspect when there I am running down the road with a beer bottle in each hand.  Maybe that is what those people are thinking, " Let's see if we can get that old lady who shuffles down the road with beer bottles to do it again for us today".  Or maybe not.  Maybe they just aren't capable of thinking that far out when they trash our earth.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you were a sight to see but I guarantee they don't throw out the trash to watch you run with it...they throw it out because they lack insight, accountability, and intelligence. Ignorance is bliss because you don't have to take responsibility or worry about the consequences of your actions.

    ReplyDelete