Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A time of year for socializing

I just walked around the island for 30 minutes for my exercise so far today.  I must have strained my back when I lifted the bike rack and put it into the back of the car to go down and pick up Michael.  (More rubbing of salt into the wound). Actually, it is a lot better today, but thought a day of easy exercise wouldn't be a bad idea.  Good chance to see what the neighbors have been up to, anyway.

 My social calendar sure has filled up quickly this week.  It is kind of a last mad rush for us all to get in any get to gathers with each other before those going north for Christmas leave and those of us staying and having family arriving, get busy with grandchildren.

Tonight, the ladies are meeting at Julie's for the Nutcracker and popcorn. It isn't Christmas for Julie unless she sees The Nutcracker each season. It's lunch with the girls on Wednesday.  Our circle is getting so big that we need a larger table to accommodate us all.  And then a cocktail party Saturday night at a new friend's house.They just arrived back.  Everyone is back now, in fact.

This time husbands are included.  Of course that means that more times we have to reciprocate, too. That means digging out more recipes and trying new things that are bound to fail as usual.

I have some more cookie baking to do. I won't mess with the recipes to make them healthy, either.  My girl friends came to the consensus that we didn't need to exchange any small gifts or do a cookie exchange this year.  I go along with most anything, usually.  But, I think I can sneak  in a few home baked cookies when I see them. It just doesn't feel right if I don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment