Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Change

Thought I would try adding a video this time, even if it doesn't relate to my blog today. We'll see if it works or not. So as it continues to up load( that's what it says it is doing anyway) I will continue with my thoughts for the day. Sorry, the video didn't work.  Guess I need some help with that.

The breeze felt pretty raw as I headed out this morning.  So I pulled the sleeves of my jacket closed around my hands for a while. It didn't take long, however, for me to start to feel the heat from my body so I shed the jacket after the first mile.  The weather hadn't change.  Just me. Isn't that the way it usually is? Things around us are usually pretty much the same, one way or the other.  Different day, different place, but the same types of things going on around us. Some good, some bad, some just are what they are.

We are often the change that is taking place. Our attitudes, our perceptions, our frame of reference to what is going on. I know that is true of me. Between the radio and TV, I followed parts of the day yesterday and thought about how much so many of us as Americans have changed over the years.  Here we have a second term black president. Now that is definitely change from fifty years ago. People have change how they feel about African Americans for that to happen.

In fact I think it remarkable that someone who came from such an obscure, challenged background has risen to, not only the highest office in our land, but the most influential position in the world. Incredible. I say that not only speaks of our country for it to be possible, but of the individual.

Now I realize that many will scoff at these thoughts and maybe even get their dander up a bit.  But, personally I don't see why America can't be the land that not only cares for its most vulnerable members of society, but encourages enterprise and resourcefulness of us all. The two aspects do not contradict each other. We are a prosperous nation that can make room for all of our citizens to have the opportunity to reach unbelievable heights.

I know it is so. It happened to our current president.

No comments:

Post a Comment