Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This and That

I was pretty "Good Morning" out during our 20 mile bike ride this morning.  Must be that a lot of people dusted off their bikes, due to the unusually warm weather we have been having and decided to get out on the trail.  So far, you can't call this winter, even by Florida standards. However, we are expecting a few degree cooling trend the rest of the week. Hope it is like this when family comes, though.  They expect warm weather and we do our best to accommodate them.

Now I need to read up about Jackson Pollock.  My girl friends got together to watch a movie about his life as an artist.  I guess my artist education pretty well ends with impressionism. I have never understood abstract art, but now my curiosity is peaked to find out what it is all about. Not that it would ever be my style, but I might learn to appreciate it anyway.

I still don't get the difference between what he did and the art created by that elephant.  I wouldn't be able to tell one from the other, if you showed them to me side by side even. That shows my limitations in the field of art, anyway.

By the way, the kale chips are delicious. What you do is cut out the main vein up the middle and tear in to chip size pieces. Cover them with olive oil, a tad of garlic and sprinkle with salt. Bake on a cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven for about 6 to 7 minutes.  Watch closely or they will burn.  You want them to be crisp, though. They are a great way to get your much needed dark green leafy veggies in a fun way.

Michal wasn't impressed with them, but that's okay.  More for me.


1 comment:

  1. Kale chips are tasty and they definitely won't make you feel full.

    ReplyDelete