Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Squirrels cont.

When I passed the spot on the way to the trail where I had encountered a squirrel experience a few years ago, it brought back a memory that made me laugh once more. (Still can't get my pictures on here).

I probably recounted this story before, but it never hurts to share some humor at your own expense.  That is always the best humor, as far as I'm concerned. I have always enjoyed getting a smile out of others, even when I was a kid, and it was most often directed at myself. Some things never change.

Anyway, it was the time I saw the hawk flying over head with the squirrel in its talons. When it landed on the light post over my head and I saw the poor little squirrel squirming, trying to get lose, I had to do what I could to come to its rescue.  I can still just see myself banging on that post, yelling at the hawk to drop the squirrel.

Now there are several things that could have resulted from my lack of forethought.  One, I could have be hauled away in a paddy wagon to the loony bin, or two the SPCA could have hauled me in for cruelty to animals. First, the squirrel, if it had been dropped it wouldn't have survive the fall and second for depriving the poor hawk of his dinner.  Of course he would have had to find another squirrel so that would have meant two dead squirrels instead of one.

Sometimes, at my age, it takes a little longer to think things through to the consequences. Sounds like the problems teenagers have, too.  Anyway, all that I accomplished was to show my own foolishness to who ever happened to be driving by at the time. Well, at least if I laugh at myself first I'm ahead of anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. From the new post screen:
    click on the picture that is to the right of Link
    click on the Choose files button
    you should be able to navigate to your pictures' location from there
    after the pic uploads, click on it and click add selected

    ReplyDelete