Thursday, January 24, 2013

Truth Be Told

One of my better kayak memories, a day with daughter and manatees. What could be a better combination?

Truth be told. I thought I had erred yesterday when getting into the kayak, even though I plopped down in the seat just as I always do and never have a mishap. Michael admitted later that always before he had a hand on my kayak steadying it, as I sat.  But for some unknown reason this time he didn't. And I didn't realize it. That's how it is with information.  Sometimes you don't get to the truth of the situation until later.

You can bet next time I'll be more cautious. I always expect that Michael is there to steady me along the way, no matter where I'm headed.

Interesting what you might over hear in the morning when out on the trail. On the way this morning, I watched as a man was guiding a driver out of a blind driveway on to the road. Once he got the driver and car safely out and onto the side of the road I heard him say, as he jumped into the car." Okay, now your destiny is your own." Wow, I wish I had thought of saying that to my kids and grand kids when they graduated from high school.

I also over heard two men talking as they passed me on their bikes. One said to the other," I'm really not very regular."  I don't know if he was talking about biking or his bowels. You just never know, but which ever it is, I hope, for his health's sake, he gets more regular.

1 comment: