Friday, January 11, 2013

You Gotta Laugh




This picture is here because it makes me laugh, but sure didn't at the time.  We had just left the Vatican where I found out I had lost all of my pictures in my camera from the first three weeks of our Italy trip a few years ago. I was sooo upset and poor Michael was trying to make me feel better by taking a bunch of pictures to make up for them.  There was no way he was going to convince me that that would help.  I had lost three weeks that were gone forever!  Yet, today I can laugh at myself when I see how dour I looked.

I spent the afternoon with six of my girlfriends.  We met a Nancy's place to watch a movie that her daughter gave her for Christmas.  They were all recovering from one thing or another, so it was the first time we had spent any time together in weeks.

Anyway, the movie was Bridesmaids.  Well, we got through about the first half hour of it and decided that it just had way too much potty humor going for us. I mean really now.  I thought a good writer gives a hint of that type of scenes.  Saying too much just ruins it.  We all agreed that they got pretty carried away in the area of gross.

So we watched It's Complicated instead. Much less complicated for our blood. That made it a long afternoon with floors unmopped and no idea for dinner. Quick recovery, though.  I should have expected that Michael would cover for me in the floors department.  And I have a fritatta on the stove as we speak. Now that Michael's movie is over, it is back to life as we know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment