Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life Is Complicated

Life is not supposed to be this complicated.We finally figured out that it is my computer on Explorer that doesn't allow me to down load pictures to my blog.  So after going to Michael's computer and using FireFox, I was able to insert a picture. But while he was figuring that out, I down loaded from his computer, then went back to mine to finish. Hopefully, we have this worked out for the future.  The picture is my something whimsical for today: a picture from our trip to Italy at a pumpkin festival we went to. I found it on Michael's computer and it brought back some fond memories of our last trip.

Finally, after eight months I got back to my painting. First, I got my green tea and muffin heated and out to the lanai.  Then, I laid out my paints, brushes and flower painting books, courtesy of  daughter Kathy from presents gone by.

Then, while I drank my tea and ate my, by the way, wonderful oatmeal muffin, I began reading the first book again from the beginning. I had forgotten so much that it was a good place to start. So today was just mainly getting my brushes wet and dabbling in the paint. Nothing worth keeping, but oh how the feeling of trying to create something again came flooding back to me!

The only thing that turned out half way was my lemon. It actually looked like a lemon. I like to paint fruits and vegetables, it seems. And flowers, too.  I think I'll focus on those and see if, with diligent practice, I can begin to produce something good enough to display. Sure I have a couple of pictures on the wall now, but they are just to fill the frames and motivate me to get to work.

I can say one thing, when you are sitting out on your lanai on a warm winter day totally immersed in creating something, life just doesn't seem very complicated anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment