Friday, April 27, 2012

Command center on

I was trying to find a particular picture for my blog today, but, as typical of me, I hurriedly drop them into folders, then can't find the one I am looking for.  So, I decided to forgo the pic for now and continue with my musings, if that is okay with everyone.

Michael left for Missoula this morning to run his races with his friend, Tram, tomorrow.  Yes, as I said before, races. Three consecutively. I told him to have fun.  I hope he does.  I'm beyond finding that fun to do. One race now and then, perfect conditions, for the right t shirt, fine. Rain, wind, possible snow, five hour drive one way, not fun. To each their own.

 But, on a miserable weather day like this, that gives me free rein to work on all of my projects today.  I have set up my command center, with phone, notebook, pen and computer, working hard at promoting my two current projects, ROWL and Big Burger Bash Festival. As impatient as I can be with getting the feedback I am expecting, I guess my progress is measurable so far.

The most frustrating part is connecting with large corporations and major contacts.  Those who can do the most for us, are the most challenging to reach. Of course, I'm sitting here, just me trying to contact just them.   Where as, to them, I am a nobody out of so many nobodies with the same agenda. However, I know they are interested in helping programs like ours, even if  they can be pretty elusive. But, just like the post office,"neither rain, nor snow, nor slow response will deter me. I will get through and I will succeed!"

 Isn't that the way advertising works?  You have to make so many contacts before you can expect success?  And have I made contacts! Next week I'm going to library fund raiser where there will be lots of contacts.  I can already see them run when they see me coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment