Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Kathy!

Forty nine years ago today my daughter Kathy and I were pretty busy, to put it mildly. She did a great job of coming into the world that day in Chicago, Ill., and has been making me proud ever since. My smart, beautiful daughter has always been a person who stands up for her convictions, an asset that I admire. She has always been loyal and protective of those close to her, an asset that betrays the soft spot she has in her heart. She is not only my daughter, but a very dear friend of mine who I have always had a great time sharing my adventures with

I want to assure her, though, that even though she approaches the AARP point of no return, she has nothing to fear. She'll still have many years for not only biking, hiking or what ever other physical adventures she wishes to take on, but wonderful opportunities to stretch her creative self. Actually, I need to reassure her that in many ways the best is yet to come.  The older she gets the more she becomes herself, with not the restraints of letting it show.  She can just let it all out and stretch her you muscles.  I think that is the best part of nearing that mile marker and I hope she'll just go for it. 

So happy birthday, daughter. Make it the best for yourself.  You deserve it.  And thanks for being my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was the best birthday card ever!
    Thank you and love you.

    ReplyDelete