Saturday, April 7, 2012

Then secondly


I expect that some of you, remembering from your school days, that if you reference a first in your writing, then you must have a second. I expect also that you noticed that I broke that rule yesterday by having a firstly, but not followed by a secondly.  Believe it or not, that was deliberate.  Another thing you learn in writing is to be as brief as possible, without losing clarity. I limit the length of my entries so as not to bore my loyal readers too much, I hope.
So, continuing with my discussion about the brain yesterday, secondly, how closely you are in heart to the people who think differently from you determines how emotionally that difference of minds effects you. It doesn't bother me emotionally if someone I don't know very well disagrees with me, either politically, spiritually or how they live their life.  However, I might have a bit of angst with those who are a part of my life. I may feel reluctant to discuss our differences and care more about how my opinion might effect our relationship. It is a conundrum that the people you may be closest to are the people you might be least comfortable sharing those thoughts with. 

Now don't any of you go to wondering what prompted this topic or if it is directed at you.  Most of my thoughts do not have a personal reference, as such.  Just musings of mine.

On another topic, the trail was pretty crowded today with people walking multiple dogs .  Not the usual dog and owner ratio, with even up to four dogs each.  Too many dogs for me to get to know by name.  Just a friendly," Hello cuties!".

Michael's calves must be acting up again.  It smells like wintergreen around here.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes with the people you know, you agree to disagree without having to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete