Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!


Easter is pretty special when you have gone through Holy Week and walked the path of Jesus for that week.  I kind of groan at the beginning of the week when I think about how many hours of services we have during the week.  However, as the week progresses and you relive the final week of Christ's life, you get into the mindset that you really don't want to miss any of the action. We even went to church today, even though we celebrated Easter last night at the vigil.  Our plan was to have a leisure morning and chill out for a few hours before dinner at Nancy and Jim's. But, it turned out we both knew that we really would rather be with other Christians this morning sharing our alleluias.  That's how it is by the time you get to the climax of the week. Special.

After reading about the man who stood all the time while awake for a week, I decided the best way to write in my blog each day is to do it standing.  By the end of the year I'll have burned enough calories to maybe lose one of those stubborn pounds. Guess I'd better not get my hopes up, though.  I think it is one of those things you have to get used to before you can really commit to it for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment