Tuesday, April 24, 2012

On a roll, up and down!

Core committee for ROWL- Elaine, me, Charlotte and Roger

Talk about a roller coaster ride!  Nine o'clock last night I get a call from the reporter, with a ten o'clock deadline, that the pictures hadn't come through to him to include with his article about the recycling program. Try as I might I couldn't get them to him. So after disturbing the photographer's wife(yikes!) to ask if her husband could send them for me(he was asleep), my mind clicked in.  Sometimes it takes a hiatus, you know. Anyway, I realized the error I had made in the email address, corrected it and sent it off to the reporter.  Must have been too late for the copy, however, because the article was printed without the pics that we had worked sooo hard to get done in time. What a loser!

But today, I talked to the Albertson's manager and he is all excited about working with us, even wanting to put containers in his lot for the program.  Tomorrow I hope to have a longer talk with him and see where we can go with it.  He said they need to improve their "image" and this would really help them.  Sure, we'll help you out.  Now give us some money!

However, I didn't hear back from the shed guy today as expected, so need to go after him tomorrow.  Right now I'm keeping a low profile after my goof last night. Some days it's just better to cool your jets a bit and let things just happen. But, I'm ready for my plan of action for tomorrow!

1 comment: