Sunday, April 29, 2012

Follow That Dream

In the Parade magazine section of the paper today a short article caught my eye. It was an excerpt from a book by Allison Arden titled Book of Doing .  I was so impressed with her message that it had to be my entry for the day.  Here it is:

1. It's never too late to start doing.  Age can be an excuse regardless of how old you are.  Don't let it stand in your way- ever.

2. Find time for what you love.  Even if you can't devote as much time as you'd like to your new passion, every minute you spend on it is worthwhile and helps you plant seeds for the future.

3.  Do and tell.  If you're excited about what you're doing, don't be shy.  Tell friends.  When you're frustrated, they'll help keep you going.

4. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks.  Some of the most amazing things have been accomplished by people others thought were crazy.  so let your actions flow freely, without negativity, apprehension, or self-consciousness.

I couldn't have said it better myself if I had tried.

1 comment:

  1. I think many people would be happier if they followed that advice.

    ReplyDelete