Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Makes your head spin!

Wow!  Talk about highs and lows! One day you are a bit discouraged by feed back and the next day you bounce back like a ball on a roll. After my morning run(that part was discouraging when I found there was still lots of trash that needed picking up) I went, with letter in hand, to talk to the Argus editor about printing my answers to the questions posed by the past writer.  She was more than supportive and really wasn't concerned that my letter went over the word limit. Can I ever say anything in ten words or less?

When I got home I received a call from the reporter from the Gt Falls Tribune for a phone interview about our project.  He didn't know that getting me talking is one thing, shutting me up is another. Anyway, he wanted pictures ASAP since he wanted to run the story for tomorrow.  Wow!  So I contacted some of the committee members, including our own photographer among us, and we were able to do an impromptu get together for a photo op. In fact a lady, with a truck full of bags containing cans, came by and we used some of her bags in our picture, which she was gracious enough to take our picture with. OK, so we had to stage the picture, I admit. What else can you do at the last minute? The picture was sent to me and I forwarded it to the reporter, meeting his deadline.

In the middle of all this, a committee member and I went in search of a shed for the project. At the first shed company we came to we asked if they would like to donate a 10'x10' shed and in return they would have their name on it saying they donated it.  That free advertising is worth a lot for them.  He was very interested and asked us not to ask anyone else so that could have first shot at it.  So I promised we would wait until tomorrow for their answer.  I am very optimistic that we will get our shed.

Some days are like this.  You are afraid to breath or the bubble might burst. Other days you feel like your bubble has burst and can't be re inflated no matter how hard you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment