Wednesday, April 25, 2012

This morning, as I headed out on my run with my litter bag, I thought I would analysis the litterthat I collected when I got home. So I opened up the back and started checking it all out.  What I discovered was that most of what I had collected was aluminum cans, plastic pop bottles and fast food drink containers.  The second most common litter was empty cigarette packs(I won't pick up cigarettes).

Now this is very interesting to me and, I believe, quite a study of people and human nature. The people, who it seems, care the least about their health also care the least about their immediate environment. They take little pride in themselves, as well as what their community looks like.

So, for public conscience to develop, I guess where we need to start is with the person's self esteem. If they loved themselves and cared about their health they would stop smoking and drink less pop.
Therefore, that would take them to the next level, loving their environment, resulting in taking better care of it.

There again, I'm not a psychiatrist and don't intend to cure everyone and solve the problems of the world.  But, I will keep picking up the litter that these poor misguided individuals keep strewing about. That I can handle.

1 comment: