Monday, February 27, 2012

Balance

Sorry readers, I am still working out the kinks for sending you ROWL to see.  I have spent so much time on it, Michael is shaking his head, to put it mildly. Right now I as having it resent to me in a more accessible mode.  So in his place you get this.
Had to get your attention some how.  I needed a lead in to my topic for today, balance.  Balance is the key to the success of everything on this earth.  For a tree to grow, it needs the balance of water, nutrients and sun.  My orange tree is in bad shape right now. A little cold weather makes the fruit nice and sweet.  However, a  heavy freeze has caused damage to it, with all the leaves gone and death to many of the branches. Last summer the long spells with out rain caused most of the oranges to drop off and rot. Not enough of one thing and too much of another has taken its toll.

Same with us humans.  We may notice that we are feeling out of sorts some how.  Yet if we examine our daily life we will notice that we are out of balance.  Too much of any one aspect throws us out of whack, literally.  Too much time on the couch, not only gives us flabby muscles, but can cause depression.  Getting up and exercising helps bring back the balance and makes you feel better. 

When you have a healthy balance of work, play, diet, exercise, and your spiritual life, your entire well being feels happier. I bring this up because I hear of too many trying to regain their balance the wrong way, often with antidepressants or by other artificial means.

 So the next time you feel things are out of sorts with you, examine your day.  Then what ever you have been spending too much time with, be it too much junk food, too much negative work, too much inertia, look at the other side of the spectrum and fix it.  Clean up your diet, have some leisure time doing something you enjoy, stress free time, exercise and you will notice how wonderful you feel when your are back on an even keel and balanced.

 That balance in your daily life helps you keep your balance when things are unavoidably out of sync. Like me standing on one leg, if I didn't do it regularly, then if someone even breathed on me I'd fall over. Been sitting here too long today.  I'd better get up and get moving or I'll have more than a sore rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment