Friday, February 17, 2012

No gloat!

Homework done for next week's lesson.  I had trouble getting the color right for the orange, so I guess it's a peach. Shadow needs a little more depth, too.

Today on the front page of the paper there were two heart wrenching stories; one about a man with ALS and the other about a two year old born with a heart defect requiring a heart transplant for him in the future. Those are particularly sad stories because, of no fault to either of them, they have grave medical conditions.

I suppose some people think that when I talk about running,exercising, eating a healthy diet and share my healthy recipes I am gloating about being so right all the time.  But, I am not. I want share with my readers what makes me feel so good and why I have so much energy to do the things I enjoy doing. We have enough strikes against us, just celebrating another birthday every year, as we get older.  We don't need to speed up the process by neglecting a life style that makes so much sense.

Then when I hear about people who, to no fault of their own, are suffering, I can't help wonder how  anyone can just throw away their good health so recklessly. I really have a hard time understanding people who neglect their health all their life.  Then when their health falls apart they are whining  and crying as if they are a helpless victim. They know what they should do, but are too unmotivated to do anything about it.

I just want to help inspire people to take control of their life, get the most they can out of it and live.

So, on the way to looking for a recipe for the chicken breast I took out of the freezer for dinner, I came across a recipe for cranberry bars.  Since I happened to still have some cranberries in the freezer from back you know when, I decided to make Michael some cranberry bars for his tea time today.  Got that done, now I need to get back to finding that recipe for the chicken.  I do have a short attention span, obviously.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way the peach/orange looks.
    I will keep getting up at 5:30am to walk dog/ride bike in the hopes that I will be as healthy as you. I'm not so fanatical about the diet though....whatever works!

    ReplyDelete