Saturday, February 18, 2012

You can't see the onion in the background.  Bad lighting. I had to complete the picture quickly, in one sitting since I needed the pepper and onion for our dinner.  It was quite an interesting sensation to be cutting up my props, knowing there was no return. I saw my neighbor, Nancy, this morning on her way to get lots of fruits and vegetables for her visiting grandkids.  She said she will keep me supplied.

I went for a walk instead of a run this morning.  It was all about not wanting to sweat.  Anyway, as I was crossing the bridge I noticed these fishermen on the lake on this gray, dismal morning.  I saw their reflections in the water that my art teacher had said we should be noticing. She said to observe how the reflection mirrors the colorings of the objects.  So, I rushed home, got my camera, and hurried back, hoping they hadn't moved. Now I have something to try out my painting skills on.

Yesterday, while running along the trail and as I bent over to pick up a Breakfast Biscuit wrapping, a young man, standing beside the trail, pointed out a raccoon to me.  He was commenting about what a cute raccoon it was.  Well, in reality it was a very sick raccoon, standing there with his head down, swaying on his weak legs.  He didn't notice us or even move.  I was concerned that it might not only be a sick raccoon, but one with rabies, possibly. 

So since home was another half hour away, and the park attendants were off for the holiday weekend, I ran into the local bike shop and asked if they could call animal control to come take a look at the raccoon.  The young man just handed me his phone and the phonebook for me to find the number and call for myself.  I called the number listed, but since it was a holiday weekend they were closed and gave the 911 number to call.  As I proceeded to call them, the young man, noticing I was sweating all over his phone, took the phone and said he would take care of it, as he wipe the phone carefully with a cloth. Hopefully, he followed through.  I didn't go back to check on the raccoon.
 Sorry about the blurred picture.  It says,"Master, how can I change the world?"  "Young Sage, you first must be the change you want to see in the world." Next frame, "Man, this is gonna be a lot harder than I thought."

1 comment:

  1. I like the green pepper. You did a good job on it. Can't see the onion.
    I laughed when I read about the bike guy wiping the phone! and you were all about exercise that wouldn't make you sweat...

    ReplyDelete