Friday, February 3, 2012

An olio of friends


The luncheon went well with everyone very complimentary about the quiches and the company. I baked three different kinds of quiches, with the idea that, with the varied pallets, everyone would find at least one to her liking. I think the Lorraine was the favorite, with the spinach a close second. The crab was in the ranking, too, though. allrecipes.com was a lifesaver. The frozen dessert was simple to make and went over well, I think. I picked up the recipe at a church potluck. A can of crushed pineapple, a can of cherry pie filling, a can of sweetened condensed milk and Coolwhip.  Mix and freeze, that's it.

This was actually a luncheon for my friend Harriet, in an off hand way, since we aren't supposed to do things for each other's birthdays, as it wouldn't be fair for those with summer birthdays, so they say. Her birthday is actually tomorrow.  I have a leopard scarf that I bought for her before the new rules were put in place.  I bought it with only her in mind at the African Team Ministries booth our church had at the Chokecherry Festival in Lewistown last summer. So tomorrow I'll take it to her and apologize for breaking the rule as I say, Happy Birthday. It is all sooo weird.













It is interesting how nine women,  with the differences we have in our political and religious views, can get together and enjoy an afternoon socializing together.  We actually get along quite well and are able to avoid the pitfalls that could be senstive to someone in the group. I think women can do that quite well. We respect the differences and enjoy the person inspite of them.

We figured if women go a chance to rule the world this would be a lot friendlier world to live in. Wish we were given the chance. Wow, Just think about it a while.

1 comment: