Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines' Day!

I didn't have anything but a morning kiss for my Valentine this morning.  So when I returned from my morning run, I made some Valentine muffins for him.  Of course, as usual, I didn't have the ingredients required for the recipe, but that didn't stop me from creating my own version. And of course,  they are super healthy. Great for breakfast or afternoon tea time. I thought they were worth passing on to my blogging fans.

Small bowl: 1 1/2  cup whole wheat pastry flour
Less that 1/2 cup sugar
2 teas. baking powder
1 teas. baking soda
1/4 cup dark chocolate baking cocoa

Larger bowl: 1 cup All Bran cereal
1 cup quick oats
1 1/3 cup milk  Soak for 2 minutes
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup canola oil
two over ripe bananas mashed
Combine with dry mix   and pour into cupcake holder
Bake 375 degrees for 16 minutes
Next time I'll add chopped walnuts to give it the omegas, too
1/4 cup applesauce

Tonight I'll make him a special dinner, of his choice, which he hasn't told me yet, because we are now leaving to go stock the larder, and he will see what strikes his fancy.  He wanted prebreaded shrimp, which made me cringe.  I told him I can achieve the same using Panko and a package of raw shrimp that isn't as heart wrenching.

Most of the ladies here went to lunch at an Italian restaurant today to celebrate Valentines' Day.  I begged off, saying Michael and I are spending the day together doing our usual thing.  I just couldn't see coming home to my Valentine with pasta on my hips and garlic on my lips.

1 comment: