Saturday, February 4, 2012

More about my friends

My whimsical bird in the front yard. I love the way he bobs up and down with the breeze, balanced on a thin rod.  Looks like he is concentrating on getting that lizard.

I stand corrected.  I should have remembered that "Sometimes I feel I a nut, sometimes I don't" is from the Mounds bar commercial, not Honey Nut cereal. No one else corrected me, but I knew that if Michael read my blog he would correct me in a minute. That's where husbands come in handy sometimes. Thanks Michael. I really don't mean that, only kidding.

More about my friends being an olio bunch.  Okay, so that is a frequent word on crossword puzzles that happened to come to mind. Anyway, even though they each have their own little idiosyncrasies, they do have one thing in common.  They all see life with the glass half full rather than half empty, so to speak. Some are widows, others divorced, some with husbands hale and hardy and one with one not so hardy.  But, they all have a spirit of getting the most out of life, whatever that may mean for each of them.

For the Nancys(two of them), that means socializing and being with people more than most of us care to be. For Harriet that means seeing the world through a creative eye, be it her home or her style of dress. Maybe it's from having a photographer's eye. For Julie it's her practicality, while at the same time being a very gracious lady( her thoughtfulness has taught me a thing or two). For Janet it is being a good friend to her friends and being the most organized person I know, a container for each and everything. For Louise it's living out her faith in her volunteer work and committment to being healthy. For Georgia, it is her devotion to her golf game and having a good time. I don't know Eve very well, but I think she is one who is not going to suffer up north in the winter when she has good friends down here to come and enjoy.

Anyway, they all find the brighter side of most everything in life.  Except politics and we'll just leave that one alone.  Hard to be positive about everything.

The plastic reycling project is at a standstill almost as we wait for the next meeting to take place on Tuesday, with all the principle players there to pull everything together.  The money isn't exactly pouring in, though. Of course, you can't get blood from a turnip, so to speak and Lewistown isn't exactly rolling in dough right now.  So I expect it is time that I step up to the plate, put my(our) money where my mouth is, and make my financial contribution.  Maybe that is what everyone is waiting for.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment